1) Robert took my van today. Bastard.
2) He was up in the city for a court thingy. He brought me Chick-Fil-A sandwiches so I guess it’s okay that he tookthe van, after all. That’s sad. I whore my van out in exchange for chicken sandwiches. I pimp for chicken products.
3) It’s not like I was going anywhere, anyway. JZ is banned from the one fun place in town until he poops in the potty so it’s highly likely we may never go there again.
4) The dates for my best friend’s stay in Tulsa are July 10th through 26th. It’s likely I will have to leave for CA before she leaves Tulsa to go home — but only a day or so before. I will probably stay up there with her the first couple nights of both weeks, then come home and go back up and pick her up on Friday afternoon to come spend the weekends with us.
5) I’m tired. Tired tired tiredy tired tired. I need to stop going to bed at 1 a.m. and waking up at 7:30. I’m old and it’s not working for me. I have been napping on the couch every afternoon for a couple months.
6) Called and made an appointment to have the cats shot…..oh, wait. That’s what Robert wanted me to do. What I actually did was make an appointment for them to have their shots. No biggie, as they are both easy to capture and cram into the cat carrier. Now, lifting the carrier with both their fat asses in it is not quite so easy. That’s twenty-four pounds of dead weight in a plastic box. This is why I take them to the vet when R is home to watch the kids. Two kids, I can handle. Two cats, I can handle. My two kids + two brain-addled cats who become convinced the apocalypse is nigh anytime they are placed in a car? Not so much. While I’m there I’m going to make an appointment for them to both have their teeth cleaned. This will be general anesthetic, the whole nine yards. I also need to see if they do grooming because I may have them give Grace a lion cut while she’s out — just to give us something to laugh at for the rest of the summer.
7) Made myself a dermatologist appointment. I may be old but my skin is still partying like it’s 1989. The nasty acne is rearing its ugly head. The treatment they had me on previously worked; I just quit because it was expensive and I was hoping maybe I’d finally gotten to a point where I didn’t need it. Ha. Ha ha ha ha di ha. So I’ll go back and have them re-prescribe the stuff and get the spots I currently have shot with Magic Juice (they have something in a syringe that dries up pimples and they inject it directly into your face. Good thing I’m not afraid of needles.)
8) We are also to a point where we can afford for me to go ahead with a full course of microdermabrasion. They recommend once a month for eight months. The texture of the skin on my chin, where I have the acne problem, is horrific. This should smooth it out and also maybe do a little good for the fine lines on the old mug. I will get this set up while there, as well.
9) Also added to the list of things I’m doing to attempt to make myself slightly less repulsive, I’ve begun using the Crest Whitestrips I’ve had in my cupboard for about a year now. I hate having them on but I also hate looking like a three-pack-a-day smoker because my teeth are freaking yellow. Hopefully this works. If not I’m going to look into the light treatments they have at the dentists’ offices.
10) Madalyn was asleep on the couch earlier this evening. She didn’t mean to fall asleep. I was worried because I didn’t know how long it had been since she’d hit the potty and if she wee’d on my couch I was going to cry. Not that I have any great affection for the ugly thing but I do sleep on it sometimes. Sure enough, when I woke her up she’d defiled the sofa. The slipcovers are in the washing machine now and I’ve Lysol’ed the heck out of the cushions. And when she grows up I’m sure she’ll be thrilled to know I posted this tidbit on the internet.
11) R claims we will be able to get our dining room table this week. Of course, he said that last week, too, so I’m not holding my breath. I would love to have it before Jennifer comes, though. I mean, how classy would that be? “Hi, welcome to our new home. Grab a seat on the floor for dinner.” It’s not like they stand on ceremony at Jen’s house or anything, so I’m sure she wouldn’t mind, but give me a break. This is not a dorm room. We are old people with children. We need furniture.
12) He also claims we will be able to book the CA tickets this week. Again, echoes of something I seem to recall hearing last week. It’s not his fault that it didn’t pan out, mind you, I’m just saying…..don’t believe anything’s going to happen around here until you have the receipt in one hand and the item in the other. I will feel a lot better once it’s done, as usual. I hate having things up in the air.
13) R is driving out there in the van for a visit while we’re there. The original plan was for him to come during a period of time about halfway through the trip. Well, our departure date keeps getting pushed back but the time he has blocked off for himself to be gone has to stay the same. We are now to a point where he may go ahead and leave the same day or the day after the kids and I leave. This actually wouldn’t be bad for a few reasons. Usually when we go out for this long I ship a box of our clothes out because it’s just too much stuff to take on the plane. If he is going to get there two days after we do I will just pack a couple outfits for each of us in a duffel bag and send the rest of our clothes in the van with him. Also I was going to rent a car until he got there, turn it in, then rent another one after he left, thereby saving some money since we’ll have our very own van there for a while. If we do it this way, though, I will just not get a car until after he leaves. The kids and I can wing it for 2-3 days without one. Then we wouldn’t even need to book a car until he’s about to head for home. This helps us in the money department, too — gives us more time to get together the money to pay for the rental.
14) I think that’s it. Vaya con dios.
1) Robert took my van today. Bastard.