1) Johnny, upon entering the room with a toy dog in one hand, a frog in the other, waving his arms and running in place: “My Webkinz are controlling my body! Ahhhhhh!” (Note to self: Google “Webkinz + demonic possession” and check results.)
2) I really cannot get over the cuteness of Eliza with her dolls. She has now appropriated Madalyn’s American Girl Bitty Baby to add to her collection (Mad’s never played with the darned thing, anyway). When she wraps her fat little arms around one of the “babies” and carries it around the room I just want to grab her and nibble on her.
3) Speaking of toys, this? Best investment EVAH. (Though the price reflected there is nowhere near what I paid; it was much less.) I can’t count the number of times a day she goes in and out of that little door. She’ll take toys or her cup in there and sit, playing happily, for quite a while. I don’t know how much I’ve spent on toddler toys over the years, only to have most of the purchases hold little interest, so it’s great when I actually hit one out of the park.
4) I went to see The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2 this evening. I’ve read all the books so I felt an obligation. It was good but it made me kind of sad, because I’ll never have friends like that. Friends, sure; I don’t mean to invalidate the people who are nice to me. The four-way friendship portrayed in the books/movies, though…it’s way beyond your standard fare. And due to my reclusiveness and general inability to network, I doubt any of my kids will grow up with that type of friend, too. Which kinda sucks of me.
5) We are now at T-minus eight days and counting until the start of the new school year. I am bewildered and baffled by the rapid disappearance of our summer break. Frankly, and I think this is a testament to the extremity of my laziness and distaste for authority, I wish we could home school so I could avoid the nine months of rushing and running that comes when one has three children going to three different schools.
6) I just took a micro-nap that was disguised as a really long blink. I guess that’s my signal to head for bed (the blurred vision and dark gray shadows under my eyes weren’t indicative enough, I guess).